The Boys & Girls Haven Advisory Board exists to engage a new generation of young adults in the mission of our agency through philanthropy, advocacy, and volunteerism.
Looking for meaningful, strategic leadership experience? Interested in making an immediate impact on the lives of kids in foster care? Established in 2011, the Boys & Girls Haven Advisory Board has developed into one of the most dynamic and effective young professional boards in Kentuckiana.
Advisory Board Mission Engagement
- Advisory Board Liaisons: Provide at least one member to each agency board and event committee.
- Community Advocacy: Recruit attendees for one agency lunch-and-learn annually.
- Annual Fundraising Event: Plan, solicit sponsorship for, and execute annual fundraising event ($5000+ net value).
- Annual Youth Engagement Event: Plan, solicit sponsorship for, and execute an annual recreational and/or educational event for agency youth.
- Attend: Attend 8 monthly Advisory Board meetings annually. Virtual attendance opportunities available.
- Donate: Contribute or fundraise $250 annually
- Volunteer: Volunteer 40 hours annually (meetings are included)